It is Arin here and I have to say I have been very excited about featuring this amazing crafter for a couple of weeks when she said she would be more than happy to be one of our Sunday Spotlights! Many may know her already, but getting to know Diana from DL. Art while on the search for the "goods" for Spotlight Sunday was so fun. Diana loves participating in the FCCB challenges and recently found herself a spot on our recent TOP 5 with this cute card using her Imagine!
Diana has a knack for making very out-of-the box and creative projects. Here are some clever and inspirational Father's Day cards I found.
Now let's get to really know who is behind DL.Art!
1. When did you start scrapbooking/paper crafting and why? Ever since I can remember. I do remember at about age 5 or 6 making a water color painting of a sunset with deep purples and reds and telling my mom I want to be an artist when I grow up. My dream came true I taught art/ photography and I do art. When I was a teenager I papercrafted the walls in my bedroom-- all of them - It really came out neat it was a complete collage all four walls
2. What is your favorite type of project to make (i.e., cards, layouts, mini-albums, etc....)? Anything. I tend to lean toward the 3-D projects, but only when I know I can give them away I really don't have the space nor the desire to store them. I mainly make cards for my blog DL.ART because they are quicker. Other than paper crafting, I mainly do watercolor paintings and I am an exhibiting artist.
3. What is your favorite product to use on your projects? I have a love for Echo Park, Graphics 45 and Creative Inspiration Paints. I love my cricut machines - yes I have all of them. I recently got the cameo so I am really loving using the silhouette along with separated vector graphics I know there are a ton out there and so many to explore, but I have basically order fromsvgcuts.com and the silhouette on line store, which carries a variety of designs by various artists.
4. What is your favorite Cricut cartridge? There are so many, and I have so many. It is hard to say which Cricut cartridge is my favorite. Each season is different, so during that season I really like certain cartridges. For instance right now I like Splish splash- Hey diddle diddle (imagine) the colors work great and there are a lot of baby images on there. I really liked summer in Paris when I first got it and I think that is one that I will probably pull out, now that summer is here. When winter comes around I know I am going to like all my winter cartridges. Art Deco and Art Nouveau are 2 that I like. I must love them all. That is the toughest question.
5. What do you do in your spare time, when you are not paper crafting? Pray! not just in my spare time, all the time. I pray for other people, family, friends,including my blogger friends, government, federal state and local. I read and I work out at the gym. I also have to fit in grocery shopping and cooking (some times I delegate that to the hubster) I really don't think I have any spare time. I try to be with family and friends as much as possible.
I found some "must showcase" projects that are for all different occasions. There are some great nuggets of inspiration in this batch!
Diana from DL. ART has some amazing aspects to her blog and one of them is that she offers fun LINKING parties, a place where you can connect up with other fun and creative crafters and glean from each other and most of all meet some pretty amazing bloggers that share your heart for creating! Heading over to visit DL. Art is a must, you will not want to miss what she has going on each day/week/month! Pop over and say HI! Before I sign off, I want to leave you with this fun mini album Diana made using Graphic 45 paper! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! There is a video too! Check it out!
(a must see video and full project photo gallery)
Until Next Week!
Thank you so much for spotlighting me here at Fantabulous Cricut challenge blog. This is such an honor. As you know this is one of my go to challenge blogs. I just love enterining over here and I look forward to your Monday challenges.ReplyDelete
Congrats on the Spotlight Sunday feature.
Diana is not only a talented artist she is a very sweet person as well.
Congratulations Diana!! Whoop whoop! so deserved. TFSReplyDelete
Diana makes so many cool and inspiring projects. I love the 3D items. Fun to read about her.ReplyDelete
Congrats to Diana!!! Woot-Woot! Amazing crafter:)ReplyDelete