Hello everyone! It's Angie from Angie's Paper Passion with a few tips and a couple of videos about using the Gel Pens from our sponsor this week ~ CRI-Kits! I had so much fun using these wonderful Gel Pens with my Cricut and I see myself using them over and over again on many more of my Cricut projects.
Here are some great tips from CRI-Kits that I hope you'll find useful:
- Always store your CRI-Kits pens vertically with the tip facing down.
- I found the following settings to work best with my Cricut - Pressure 3, Speed 2-3, but always test your 'drawing' and machine settings on a piece of scrap paper first!
- Do not leave your pens in your machine after you've finished your project
- Before inserting your Gel Pen into the Magnetic Holder, get the ink flowing by scribbling the pen onto some scratch paper first.
- You can use the Multi-Cut Feature on your Cricut to draw a heavier line or to just make sure that you get a smooth ink flow.
I also found two great videos that show the Cricut and CRI-Kits in action.
This first one is from Elizabeth at 217 Creations:
The next one is from Christina at Creations with Christina:
Remember that the winner of this week's challenge, Cool Treats, will win a set of CRI-Kits Gel Pens and the Magnetic Holder so create something with at least one Cricut cut and upload it under yesterday's challenge post.
Please check back here tomorrow for our Wednesday Winners!
Until next time, Happy Crafting!