Today we have a fun crafter, a true Jack of all crafty and creative trades, to share with you! Karen or as she calls herself Karee Sue, from Creating Lasting Memories lives and has grown up on a large farm in Canada. She has a sweet gaggle of nieces and one adorable nephew that she gets to spoil and love on and most of all practice her craft of cake making, scrapbooking, card making and anything else crafty she can get her hands on. Karee Sue's love for crafting and talent recently landed her on a recent Top 5 with this great project!
Karee Sue has a great eye for layouts! Look at these few I found!
Now let's meet this amazing farm girl!
1. When did you start scrapbooking/paper crafting and why? I started scrapbooking in 2002 after I graduated from high school and decided I wanted to create an album from my school and grad memories, so I started buying papers and stuff. I had been doing some research and loved the subject not to mention that the idea of creating with papers appealed to me, back then I had no idea of all the mediums available, or the diversity of the craft. I had no idea it would take me this far or become such a big part of my life. At first I just practiced on greeting cards that I made for my family, their enjoyment over them encouraged me to keep creating and exploring the craft.
2. What is your favorite type of project to make (i.e., cards, layouts, mini-albums, etc....)? My favorite is making both cards and layouts, I do alot more cards because it's so much easier to practice new techniques and ideas on a smaller scale. Sewing has always been a necessary part of my life as I make my own clothing, so alot of my projects are fabric related, Lately I've also started creating some home decor and gifts. Most of the gifts I give my family and friends are hand created.
3. What is your favorite product to use on your projects? Papers of course, I just love the feel and different textures of papers, I love to create my own paper piecings with my cutting machines.I also love to establish, inks are my favorite go to product, no project ever leaves my hands without being inked or stamped in some way, next I love using bling, glitter, gems, or powders, most of my projects also display lace or ribbon.
4. What is your favorite Cricut cartridge? It's very hard to pick a favorite since I pick my cartridges based on my needs. Each is carefully selected on the usefulness of the shapes due to my crafting needs. If I had to pick it would probably be "Baby steps" or my new "Sweethearts".
5. What do you do in your spare time, when you are not paper crafting? I live on a large farm and there's always something that needs to be done, cooking, cleaning, gardening, housework etc, and as I mentioned I sew my own clothes so alot of my time is spent in my sewing room, I also love reading, beading, or spending time with my large extended family and adorable nieces and nephew. It seems like I'm always creating some kind gift for one of my family members.
Karee Sue is quite a cake maker and with the large family she has, she is logging time on her Cricut Cake! Take a look at some of her favorite edible creations!
Now head over and give Creating Lasting Memories some blog love!
Until Next Week!