Good morning everybody! I'm Cyndy and I'll be taking over Quick Tip Tuesdays for the next few weeks! Jamie has been doing a fantabulous job these past weeks! I've been playing with the ol' Cricut since mid 2010 and I hope the tips I have help you as much as they've helped me.
As you probably guessed by the title, this is another, yet different tip on how to recondition your Cricut mat. See Jamie's here.
My BFF saw how much I was struggling with my mats not being sticky enough especially while cutting that she showed me a quick and cheap way to recondition them.
1. Clean your mat. You can either use just soap and water or baby wipes.
2. Use blue painters tape to tape around the border of the mat.
3. Spray 1- 2 coats of Krylon Easy-Tack Repositional Adhesive, depending on how sticky you want it. Try to do it outside or in an open area. Note: It's acid free and it's typically about $6.99 at Michael's and you can use a 40% or 50% coupon on it!
4. Let your mat dry for about 5 minutes.
5. Remove the blue painters tape you're all set to craft!
Thanks so much for reading and I hope you find this tip useful! I will be back next Tuesday for another quick tip!