I don't know how many of you out there have a gyspy or are trying to decide whether to get one or not, but I have one and I absolutely love mine. I remember when I was researching them, trying to decide whether or not to buy one, many people said that they no longer used their cricut without it. I couldn't imagine that until I owned one. And, no I do not use my cricut without my gypsy - unless of course I am borrowing a cartridge from a friend. So, for today's Quick Tip I am going to give you some Gypsy tips!
The following tips come from Cindy at her Crazy for Crafting blog.
3) On the work mat, if you zoom in as far as the Gypsy will let you, you are looking at your image (or the part of the image that you can see) at the actual size it will cut.
4) When using the search function, searches are case sensitve. All keywords are lower case, so for best results, don't use capital letters when performing a search.
Tips & Highlights from The Bugbytes
Click on each link to take you to the particular post.
- Gypsy after you open the box
- Cricut - Forced reinstall of the firmware when it does not work the first time
- Gypsy & Cricut - Resetting your cricut and Gypsy & for video of resetting your gypsy http://www.thebugbytes.com/2009/11/resetting-your-gypsy-your-cricut.html
- Gypsy Tip- Loading the mat
- Gypsy Tip - Grouping and welding order
- Gypsy tip for the day - Zooming to the maximum to get exact scaling
- More Cricut Gypsy Tips - Same tip as first but in more detail
- Gypsy Tip - Ungrouping a single image from a group of images
- Gypsy Tip - Open an image from cartidge you don't have and construct
- Gypsy - Tip for the day - Naming files in DS for conversions
- Gypsy Tip - Checking for error in Gypsy files
- Gypsy Tip of the day - To see a larger view of image before adding it to the mat
- Gypsy Tip - To see which cartridge the image on the mat comes from
- Gypsy Tip for the day - Naming files in the Gypsy for easy sorting
- Gypsy Tip of the day - Welding
- Gypsy Tips - Trying to grab hold of small images by changing cursor size
- Gypsy Tips - To find out the cartridge an image is from
- Gypsy Tips - Shadowing & Layering
- Gypsy tips Setting cursor for layering
- Gypsy Tips - Update your firmware, gypsy and CDS
- Gypsy Tips - To get a image larger than the mat size
- Gypsy Troubleshoot - The new way to reset the updates in case they go wrong
- Gypsy Tips - To find a cartridge used in a file
- Gypsy Tips - Placing or not placing objects in a mat and resizing images in a group
- Gypsy Tips - Selecting images in layers especially when flipped
- Gypsy Tip (video) - Cutting multiple welded images (autofill) & copying image
- Gypsy Tip - Selecting an image which is difficult to grab
- Cricut Sync Troubleshoot for Gypsy
- Gypsy tip - Keyword search
- Gypsy tips --Welding right- Try playing with Grouping order
- Gypsy Tip: Note file extensions while transfering/downloading gypsy or cds file
- Gypsy & CDS tip - Converting cut files to gypsy - avoiding the unhandled exception - March 2011
Have you ever wondered about the photo app on the Gyspy? Check out this video that comes from Joy's Life by clicking HERE
And, you can click HERE for other Gypsy how to videos by Joy's Life
Thank you for joining me on another Quick Tip Tuesday, I will see you again next week!
Please be sure to come back tomorrow to check out our Wednesday Winners.